Monday, July 9, 2012

New Years Resolution -- Update w/ Weight Loss Pictures!

Remember way back in January when I posted my New Years resolutions?  I thought I'd give a quick update.

For those that don't remember here they are:

1. Now that I'm not pregnant, I don't want to look pregnant.  I have two goal levels for this.  One is my pre-Quinton weight and the other is my pre-Xavier weight.  Because I'm nursing, dieting will be harder than normal.  I won't go on a super-low calorie diet.  I just hope to make healthier choices. With 2 big weddings this year (my brother's in August and my hubby's sister's in April) I really want to look my best.  I have joined a gym that has child care, making it waaay easier to find time for working out. Ultimately though, my boys deserve a healthy mom that has *some* energy.

2. I will pencil in time for myself. See above with the gym that has child care. :) I also have a couple of magazine subscriptions that I hope to enjoy...alone.

3. I will be a more adventurous cook.  Currently, I have less than 7 meals I make on a consistent basis. They aren't good either.  This year I want to try 52 new recipes. That isn't too hard, right?  It especially won't be hard now that Pinterest is around!

4. I will to go to church more.  We are awful about making it to church. My goal is to make it 2-3 times a month.  I always feel so much better about life when we make it!

5. I will use my blog for some personal posts too.  That is the reason I started this thing. I wanted to keep a log of our lives as parents. As much as I love giveaways, I hope to post personal stories, achievements, etc. 2-3 times a month (not including Wordless Wednesday!).



So how am I doing?  I will say I'm hitting a 50%. 


Resolution #1: I have lost 40 pounds this since January 1st! Yes, FORTY.  I'm pretty freaking proud of that accomplishment.  I hit my pre-Xavier weight on July 1st and I am still hoping to take a couple more pounds off.  I will go into more detail about how I did it, but the main idea is I have cut out processed foods.  No more boxes, cans, and frozen dinners. I'm eating fresh, real food  and cutting way back on sugar.  I do NOT count a single calorie and I DO eat whole fat foods. I try to only eat when I am physically hungry, not bored, sad, or whatever.  (I will probably count some calories once I'm done breastfeeding, but for now, if I'm hungry, I eat.) I also go to the gym 3 times a week. If you are interested in trying this, a lovely place to start is the 100 Days of Real Food blog.  There are TONS of inexpensive meal ideas and I use her recipes several times a week!




Before:


New Year's Eve with my boys, my Dad (Hite) and my Granddad (Fred)

After:

June 30th with my babies

4th of July Parade with Xavier

Resolution #2: I've had more me time at the gym; however, that is really about as far as it goes. I would love to add some more time for sewing or reading Martha Stewart Living.

Resolution #3: Because I'm not using boxed meals I have had to find some new meal inspiration.  While I haven't been keeping track 100%, I would say that I'm close to the 50 new recipes.  I have a few boards on Pinterest if you are interested in following.  {Healthy Crockpot Dinners} {Healthier Eats & Treats}  The best news is, my hubby compliments me almost daily on the new meals we have -- so the family is enjoying it as well!

Resolution #4:  I have failed miserably at getting to church more.  We have been a handful of times this year and that includes going the last two weeks...I am working on that.

Resolution #5: I've also (obviously) failed miserably at posting on my blog more.  We do have a few things going on here with the family that I plan on updating everybody soon.

All-in-all it has been a great year so far!  Hopefully my next update will include success in all of my goals!

How have you been doing this year?

2 comments:

Cori and Ben said...

We love the 100 days of real food blog as well! Such a great resource!

Janine said...

OMG congrats on the weight loss! I look about how you look in your before pic, and I only hope that I can have your kind of success! I tried counting calories (even while breastfeeding my toddler) and it was a slow-going fail. Cutting the processed stuff is my new goal, and I've been trying to go that route for the whole family. Snacks are easy - we love fruit especially - but meals always end up being carb-heavy for whatever reason. Money I guess. I'm checking out the 100 Days blog now. :) Thanks for the tip.

Seriously, good for you on your resolutions. I'm inspired!

 
Blog designed by PIP Designs